SIGMICRO Distinguished Service Award
The deadline (for this year) is being extended to June 30, 2016!
This annual award is presented to an individual who has contributed important service to the processor microarchitecture and microsystems community while also serving as an active member of SIGMICRO who has contributed (or is contributing) significantly to SIGMICRO organization and/or SIGMICRO-sponsored conference committees.
The award recipient receives a memento engraved with their name along with a $1000 honorarium. The award is presented by the SIGMICRO chair at MICRO during MICRO’s award presentation session. The award recipient also receives up to $2000 towards support for travel costs, including airfare, hotel, and conference registration for the MICRO where the award is presented. Travel support can be adjusted at the discretion of the SIGMICRO Executive Committee, if necessary. Funding for the award will be included in the SIGMICRO budget. The recipient is listed with a citation for his/her award on a SIGMICRO Distinguished Service Award web page.
The selection committee consists of 3 or more members and is appointed by the SIGMICRO chair. The committee typically includes recent recipients of the award and current SIGMICRO executive committee members. The committee solicits nominations from the processor microarchitecture & microsystems community in a variety of ways including announcements in SIGMICRO’s newsletter and postings on appropriate newsgroups and websites. The committee considers all external nominations, plus any internal nominations from members of the committee, in the context of the nominees’ specific and general service contributions to the computer architecture community.
Nominations can be submitted at any time to SIGMICRO_awards@acm.org. Nominations submitted by June 30
May 31 will be considered for that year’s award. A nomination for the distinguished service award that is not awarded will remain valid for 3 years.
Each nomination should consist of the following items:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the nomination (the nominator).
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom an award is recommended (the nominee).
- A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the award in question.
- Names and email addresses of at least 3 people who the nominator believes will support the nomination.
- The awards committee will seek input from these people (and perhaps others) for their opinions.Self-nominations are not allowed.